- This event has passed.
December 5 @ 3:30 PM - 6:00 PM
An event every week that begins at 3:30 PM on Monday, repeating indefinitely
An event every week that begins at 3:30 PM on Thursday, repeating indefinitely
Monday & Thursday 3.30 – 6pm.
1 hour classes for boys and girls, based on age group.
The class focuses on the fundamental movement patterns and basic gymnastic skills.
More event details are below.
TERM DATES & COST: Please check with the event organiser RE term dates and cost
About Waiheke Gymnastics Club
At Waiheke Gymnastics Club, our primary aim is to provide quality, affordable Gym Sports programmes in a safe, challenging and fun environment that will enhance the fitness and well being of the community.
Waiheke Gymnastics Club was formed in 2002 by Kashka Babushka and operated for the first 18 months as a recreational gymnastics class from Te Huruhi School hall.
In 2004 the club moved to the Waiheke Recreation Centre that opened that year at Waiheke High School. We started off with only a few recreation based classes in the new premises and over the next few years developed programmes around the needs of the community and eventually operated 4 days a week, offering both recreation and competitive gymnastic programmes.
In 2006 we officially became “Waiheke Gymnastics Club Incorporated”. We now have a membership of nearly 100 children, coaches and officials and are one of the largest, long running children’s sport on Waiheke Island.
Waiheke Gymnastics Club aims to…
– provide Gym sport classes to all ages and abilities in the community
– constantly increase the level and standard of gymnastic coaching provided
– increase numbers participating in programmes provided
– increase our presence in the local community
– highlight the joys and benefits of being active and involving oneself in sport
– provide a focal point for parents of young children to learn about physical fundamentals
– create new programmes to meet the current communities needs
– provide a platform to role model and mentor youth and young adults